Canta y Baila Conmigo® is a unique program where young children and their adults experience another culture and language firsthand while exploring and developing musically in an age-appropriate manner. Created by Maddie Welch, a bilingual educator, musician and native Spanish speaker, Canta y Baila Conmigo features:
- A curriculum with dual, complementary goals of music and language immersion
- Informal instruction in a supportive, joyful setting
- Beautiful, professionally recorded music collections carefully selected to represent the wide variety of Hispanic musical traditions and genres
- An illustrated Spanish-language family songbook including music notation, lyrics and information about the origins of the songs
- English Language Supplement with song translations, vocabulary and grammar points for families learning Spanish
The new program will be tought by teacher Val Chalian, who's joining our team as of Winter 2019.